Friday, September 26, 2008

Backer Than Ever


I'm back from Morocco and France. It was so great to spend some time with my family in Bretagne. I wish Kelly and Ian could have made it. The food and wine were excellent; I ate till it hurt everyday and soaked up the sun at the beach as often as possible. I had my two and a half weeks of adventure and now it's time to get serious again.

I hit the ground at 3AM Thursday morning and got a hotel room at PC mainstay: Les Hirondelles (a bug infested hoetel we like to call home when we come to Cotonou). Dragging myself out of bed and into the bureau, I learned that my medical review had to be changed because I couldn't stay in the medunit all weekend. No big deal, it was changed to that same day. I gave "samples" and was poked and proded until the doctor was satisfied that I could survive another year. Then I was free to be on my way.

In my email I was informed that my Moringa grant proposal just needed minor tweaking before it could be put up for review next week. Excited, I celebrated by watching some episodes of the Office and eating Ramen.

I go back to post tomorrow. I'm really relieved to go home. School starts in a week or two (maybe) and I'm looking forward to structure in my life again. All of that good French food and Moroccan adventure is really only tolerable for so long, ya know?

No comments: