Thursday, October 16, 2008

Wish GRANTED!

Hanging around the bureau here in Cotonou all week had been just okay until today. I've been caught up in the MedUnit trap since Monday. I've been spending the week counting my francs making sure that I had enough money to go home. But today I was cleared to leave tomorrow and I received some great news...

My grant proposal (the one I wrote on Moringa to fight malnutrition), was approved! Well it will be as soon as my work partner signs the agreement form. Whats more is they are going to fast track the money direct into my bank account so that I will have access much faster. This is great news! The people in my community will be so happy.

There is such a great need for a clean and reliable source of protein and vitamins where I live. If things go as planned that need will be filled within the year, in a financially and environmentally sustainable way! I have a lot to start doing when I get home, with school starting, the other projects I have planned and now this, it should be a pretty big year.

1 comment:

Paul Banbury said...

WOW! that is so great! Bon Travail! I hope it goes as planned, and that you make a difference!