Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Kate

As you may have heard or read, A PCV here in Benin was murdered last week. This sad news has been devastating to the local PCV community. Kate Puzey was an exemplary volunteer and a fantastic woman.

I had the great honor to spend two months of training with Kate. We were two of nineteen TEFL volunteers arriving in Benin on a two year commitment to serve. Over those first two months and the 18 that followed I knew Kate as an indefatigable source of positivity and energy. What was it about this woman that allowed her to shine so lively? Where will that force come from now, if not from Kate? I hope it will, in part, come from those of us who had the good fortune to be touched by her spirit.

Kate's blog reflects her zeal. Its a nice read; though as I miss her, I wish there was more of it. My heart goes out to her family. I can't imagine how they are coping with the loss of their daughter.

No comments: